Did you know it’s World BRM Week?
Within Digital and IT, as part of the Digital Transformation Team, you will find the Business Relationship Managers (BRM). There are five BRM’s who support the whole Council – each working alongside with specific directorates and partners.
The BRM’s are:
- Ellie Lee, Strategic Relationship Lead
- Liz Laporte, Environment, Culture & Customer Services and Finance & Resources
- Louise Cotter, Housing, Planning & Communities and ACE
- Parmjit Ghtoray, Children & Adults Services and Commissioning
- Richard Holford, Lampton 360, Lampton Community Services and Lampton Leisure
We caught up with Parmjit Ghtoray, who recently joined the BRM Team, to hear more about the role:
“I’m not new to working for the council and therefore was generally familiar with other services but just within my first two weeks I’ve been exposed to so much more. I am amazed at how much I’ve learnt about the council in such a short space of time and the exciting work that is going on. It was a bit scary coming from a non-IT background into Digital and IT but everyone has been welcoming and patient in explaining what they do and the areas they look after.
“If I was asked to explain what a BRM does I would say that the BRM is the person that brings all the pieces of a puzzle together. It’s about supporting service areas with their ideas and issues, bringing the right people together, having the conversations, looking at solutions and ideas that benefit our customers and that are in line with the Council’s strategic direction.