£35,496 – £38,385 + benefits
Fixed term contract until 15th December 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Information Governance team on a fixed term contract until 15th December 2022!
Data offers exciting possibilities for progress and innovation, but it must be used responsibly. Our Information Governance team helps us to get the most out of our information assets whilst ensuring legal compliance.
You’ll ensure that data and information is managed appropriately and effectively throughout its lifecycle. We’ll look to you to support an information governance framework that will help us comply with laws and regulations relating to the accessing, handling, classification, retention, sharing and disposal of information.
You’ll also support the coordination of a network of information asset owners, with representatives from across the council, helping them to understand their responsibilities and providing specialist support and advice. As one of our resident IG experts, you’ll help communicate and enforce relevant policies, support information governance training, and maintain records and reports.
- It would be great if you had experience in a similar role and a good grasp of information governance.
- We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the importance of information governance and can explain technical concepts in non-technical language.
- You’ll be keen to learn how to maintain information governance frameworks and support publication schemes and open data.
- You’ll have an awareness of the law and practice relating to the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and General Data Protection Regulation.
- You’re committed to using data for good, you are aware of the importance and significance of ethics in relation to information governance.
- You enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers.
Find out more
Read the full role profile for more information:
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Neil Gordon, Data and Development Manager, via email (email@example.com).
How to apply
Please send us your CV along with a statement outlining what excites you about the role and how you meet the essential skills and criteria.
Closing date: 31st March 2022