Salary: £44,628-£53,793 + benefits
Contract: Fixed term contract – 18 months (with potential to extend)
Location: Hounslow / remote
Working pattern: Full-time
- Do you have proven experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to research and design services
- Are you experienced in building an in-depth understanding of users’ needs and bringing together talent to create smart design concepts?
- Do you always look for ways to support new ways of working that reduce costs and deliver better services for users?
- Do you have experience of working on the design of all aspects of services, from high-level flows and journeys to the detail of individual parts?
- Do you enjoy working with data and qualitative insight to design solutions and strategic propositions?
- Are you skilled at stakeholder management and excellent at building strong relationships?
- Do you enjoy working in the open and sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Service Design Lead role could be perfect for you. Join us and help ensure that our communities’ interactions with us are frictionless and efficient, and truly centred around their needs.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
About the role
You will seize the opportunity to reimagine what council services could look like and shape the user journeys of the future. Leading multi-disciplinary teams, you’ll build a comprehensive picture of residents’ needs and make design decisions with empathy and insight. You’ll help the wider team and organisation develop a deep understanding of the people that use our services and the people who deliver them.
Meanwhile, you’ll be looking for ways to reduce costs, optimise existing systems, bring improvements to services, and embrace innovative technology which has the potential to transform ways of working and, ultimately, make people’s lives better.
Ideally you will have experience in a similar role, gained in an equivalent setting.
Find out more
Please read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please send us your CV along with a supporting statement which clearly outlines what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which make you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the role profile when completing your supporting statement.
Send these documents to: email@example.com before midnight on Wednesday 30th November.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible and remote working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- A competitive salary of £44,628-£53,793 plus benefits.
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays, and Christmas closure days.
- Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Staff wellbeing services.
- …and much more…
View the full list of benefits at: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council
You must be eligible to work in the UK.