Salary: £52,929 – £56,022 + benefits
Location: Hounslow / remote
Working pattern: Full-time
- Are you an expert at managing projects and programmes, able to evidence a strong and varied history of delivering digital, technical, and business change programmes to time, budget and quality?
- Are you passionate about bringing new technologies and solutions to life so that they improve the lives of our residents and communities?
- Are you adept at building relationships at every level within organisations and working collaboratively and creatively to address issues and manage delivery-related risk?
- Do you have confidence in managing conflicting and changing priorities in a complex environment?
- Are you excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Programme Lead role could be perfect for you. Join us at the heart of our transformation and help us make sure our ambitious targets are achieved.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
The work you do will be fundamental to the success of our transformation.
About the role
You’ll join us at the very heart of our transformation. You can expect a varied portfolio, but the first piece of work you’ll be involved with is our Smart Cities programme, where we’ll be exploring and implementing place-based technologies for a more liveable borough. This is a great opportunity to make amazing services a reality, with the help of a talented team.
You’ll lead your team to deliver digital and IT programmes and projects from inception to roll-out, keeping them aligned to our strategic outcomes. You’ll work with your project delivery managers to ensure each project has a solid business case, that budgets are identified and tracked, controls are maintained, and governance is followed. You will collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the organisation, ensuring our programmes and projects are delivered in partnership, leading transformational change across the borough, promoting new ways of working and reporting progress at key governance meetings.
Please read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates. We’re particularly interested in hearing from people who have smart city programmes and projects.
Read the full role profile for more details:
How to apply
Please send us your CV along with a supporting statement which clearly outlines what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which make you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the role profile when completing your supporting statement.
Send these documents to: email@example.com before midnight on Wednesday 30th November.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible and remote working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- A competitive salary of £52,929 – £56,022 plus benefits.
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays, and Christmas closure days.
- Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Staff wellbeing services.
- …and much more…
View the full list of benefits at: https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20037/working_for_the_council