Business Relationship Manager
Salary: £41,586 -£44,628 + benefits
Closing date for applications: 23:59 on Wednesday 10th August 2022
- Are you an expert at building relationships and establishing trust at every level within organisations, and working collaboratively and innovatively to find solutions?
- Is your approach to solving problems practical yet creative, and can you influence and steer discussions to a positive conclusion?
- Are you naturally collaborative and inquisitive, and fascinated by the possibilities offered by technology and digital solutions, with a broad understanding of how they are used and the impact they have on the lives of our communities?
- Do you have experience of working in a role that translates business and user needs into practical solutions?
- Are you excited to work in the open and share experiences, knowledge and ideas with colleagues and peers?
If so, then our Business Relationship Manager role could be perfect for you. Join us and help make digital come alive throughout the council.
Our vision is to create connected and inclusive communities supported by innovative and digitally-optimised services. Hounslow is on an exciting journey of transformation with digital embedded at the very heart. Our work will improve the lives of our communities through improved digital services, skills and connectivity.
About the role
As a Business Relationship Manager, you will help service areas with everything from major changes and service transformation to developing new and improved processes that make the most of digital solutions. You will act as a trusted advisor and the main point of liaison between service areas and Digital and IT, ensuring that our services and the projects planned and delivered meet the users’ needs and service’s requirements, driving high levels of customer satisfaction.
You’ll use your understanding of the needs of both our users and our services areas to surface demand for digital initiatives and propose solutions and approaches in line with our digital strategy. You will help to design services and shape solutions that optimise existing systems or that explore the use of new technologies, offering opportunities for digital to transform the lives of our communities.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
If you have any issues reading the role profile or would like a version in an alternative format, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How to apply
Our offer to you
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
- A competitive salary of £41,586 – £44,628.
- A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays and Christmas closure days.
- Generous, secure, and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Staff wellbeing services.
- …and much more…
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. We offer flexible working and do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week. However, it’s important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Hounslow is a very special area of London, with excellent transport links and a wealth of heritage attractions, beautiful parks, open country areas and riverside walks.
The borough stretches 23 miles from Bedfont Lakes Country Park, just south of Heathrow Airport, to leafy Chiswick in the east, where the River Thames winds its way along the southern boundary. Within the borough, you’ll find miles of rivers, canals and nature reserves, beautiful parks and open spaces, and five historic houses.
The borough is also home to quiet suburbs, greenbelt villages, modern housing, and cosmopolitan districts. It’s home to a real community of communities, with over 270,000 residents. Hounslow is one the most culturally diverse areas in the UK and we’re proud to reflect and serve this vibrant population.
We’re currently recruiting to several different roles, so if this role isn’t quite right for you, check out the others: