Digital Skills Course offer for Adults
Learn Hounslow is a provider of Adult and Community Education and is part of the London Borough of Hounslow. The teaching and learning provided is funded by the Greater London Authority’s Adult Education Budget (AEB). Learn Hounslow is an Ofsted ‘good’ provider where the information, advice and guidance offered is Matrix accredited.
There is a wide range of courses on offer: such as short informal courses, qualifications, or courses to enhance your employability, business, and personal development. Learn Hounslow provides course subjects across different curriculum areas. Their aim is to empower residents to realise their full potential and achieve their own goals.
The Digital Skills course offer includes a variety of digital skill courses for learners with different abilities.
Learn Hounslow offers the following FREE Digital Skills courses for all – regardless of their financial circumstances! Choose from:
- Digital Skills for complete beginners,
- Essential Digital Skills qualification (Entry 3 and Level 1),
- Microsoft Office Basics (for new users),
- Essential Digital Skills qualification for ESOL learners.
Learn Hounslow also offers courses for adults who wish to improve their existing digital skills. Fees may apply for these courses.
If you wish to improve your digital skills or you are interested in gaining a qualification which may lead to a change in career, contact Learn Hounslow to find out more about the following courses:
- – Microsoft Office Intermediate (non-qualification course),
- – Spreadsheets and Word Processing Level 2 qualification.
The new Practitioner Qualification offer
Learn Hounslow has recently introduced a NEW Practitioner qualification offer. These courses include:
- Cybersecurity Level 1 & 2
- Introduction to Programming – Level 1 & 2
- Introduction to Networking – Level 1 & 2
Participants on a Practitioner course must be assessed prior to starting the course.
The syllabus is such that candidates should complete a Level 1 qualification before progressing on to a Level 2 qualification. Learn Hounslow teaches towards Level 1 at the start of the academic year before moving onto Level 2.
Lastly, you do not have to pay any course fees if you meet the following criteria:
- – You are in paid employment and earn less than (£10.85 p/h) £21,157.50 annual gross salary OR
- – You are unemployed, looking for work and in receipt of a means tested benefit.
Visit www.hace.ac.uk for more information and to browse through the latest courses available.
Call 020 8583 6000 to book a pre-course assessment, enrol onto a course, or find out more information.
Pick up a Learn Hounslow prospectus at your local library (in Hounslow borough) or visit Meadowbank Adult Education centre in Cranford to find out more about our service. We are open from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.