Wow, what an incredible month November was. What started as an idea at the beginning of September turned into a 4-week reality and now it is hard to believe that our first ever Digital Festival Hounslow is over already. The Festival was a resounding success and the figures speak for themselves:
- Digital Festival Hounslow ran over 20 days
- We held 62 events of which 16 were open to the community
- 7 events in partnership with local businesses including Chimni, See.Sense and our Community & Voluntary partners
- Ran 3 events with two of our key digital partners, LOTI and SOCITM
- 16 events in partnership with global business including Microsoft, Amazon and Google
- 6 events in partnership with Organisational Development
- 3 events in partnership with Public Health
- 26 events delivered by D&IT
- 2 Councillor led sessions
- We had 80 different speakers
- We delivered over 55 hours of live content
- 18.5 hours which was recorded and is available to watch back on our SharePoint site
- 10:30 has been uploaded to our YouTube channel for the public to view
- Finally: ……. we had 2700 sign up requests!
We delivered events on Wellbeing and Technology, Assistive Technology in Social Care, Social Prescribing, Employment, LinkedIn and CV writing, smart cycle lights, digital inclusion and so much more. We have archived the recordings these sessions on the council’s YouTube channel.
Feedback on the Digital Festival Hounslow has been overwhelmingly positive and whilst we can’t include them all here are a couple that really sum the month up for us:
‘This has been a great initiative, and I’m proud to work in an organisation that continuously prides itself in new initiatives and involving colleagues in doing so too. I feel very connected and not isolated (considering when I work remotely (I have no other interactions) which isn’t how it’d be if we were at Hounslow House.’
‘There have been some really great events and the well-being session have had a positive impact, we should have more of these’
This would not have been a success without the work of our partners and the engagement of our community, so we extend a huge thank you from us all to everyone who took part in one way or another. We will take all we have learned to make next year’s even bigger and better.
Thank you from all of us in the Digital Festival Hounslow team
See you next year!