Listening to our customer views is so important – the teams have done a fantastic job during the crisis and informal feedback has been great, but it is so valuable to get feedback from all areas of the council so that we can showcase all the work done and continue to improve Digital in all teams.
We used the Socitm user satisfaction survey as we did last year – this allows us the opportunity to compare where we were in 2019, and with other organisations. It is key given the Digital Strategy for Hounslow was approved in March 2020 so we can show the outcomes for the organisation from this investment.
We have just started to work on a service improvement plan to follow up on all feedback received – some headline figures so far:
- Customer satisfaction has increased by 10% and we compare very well to other similar organisations.
- The view of whether Digital provides innovative solutions for the Council has increased by 14%.
- Our score on whether we allow staff to work flexibly is in the top 25% now –this is great to see, given the pandemic and there is so much more we can do.
There are many improvements we can make based on feedback and below is our initial list some of which build on existing programmes:
- Further accelerate our device refresh programme so more of our colleagues continue to have the best devices to deliver front line services in their role.
- Customer service training for all Digital staff to ensure we all continue to improve our skills in this area.
- Continued improvement in communications – we have launched a new self-service portal which we can continue to adapt and improve in response to the organisation needs including more automation of routine work to allow teams to focus on value added work.
We will publish more information on the work we do in response to the survey as part of our relentless focus on improving services for our residents as we deliver more excellent services as part of the Digital Strategy and our One Hounslow programme approach continues to improve services across the Council.
Throughout the pandemic we have had help at our main building to ensure we keep our customers safe and bring something different to our customer service “Nice 2 metre, 2 metre nice”